NVivo Refresher Course
This 1-day Refresher Course covers general introduction through to advance skills in NVivo. The course is interactive and responsive to the needs of the class. It is designed for those who are currently using older versions of the of NVivo software and want to take advantage of the improvements and advance functions in the current version 12.
Small Class Size
To ensure that high quality and responsive learning support is given to each participant, we only take a small class with a maximum of 9 participants on our scheduled courses. Therefore, it is important you register your interest early.
- Post Graduate Researcher undertaking PhD study or Masters.
- Early Career Researcher new to research, on their first teaching & research post or an independent researcher.
- Mid-Career Researcher building reputation and esteem to help establish influence and leadership.
- Expert Researcher or Research Leader, influencing research strategy and mentoring researchers of the future.
It is a refresher course so previous knowledge of NVivo is desirable. Please see course details below for the course reminders.
The teaching method is mainly hands-on. It is supported by presentation, demonstration, encourage reflection, discussions, questions and answers.
The tutor will go around to examine each participant’s project on their coding, node structure, and classification to provide suggestions, corrections and efficiency tips. This will ensure that your coding and node structure will support in-depth data analyses.
Each participant receives an instructional workbook to work through and keep.
Certificate of Completion & After Training Support
Each participant receives a certificate of completion and ongoing after training support via phone, email and a weekly live questions and answers Webinar.
Morning Session: Explore NVivo and Build a New Project from scratch
In this session, you will learn to:
- Explore the new functions of NVivo 12.
- Create a new NVivo project or open your existing project.
- Revisit or create a thematic coding framework for the project.
- Import data into the project and code into both “open codes” and the established “thematic coding framework”.
- Create memos, add annotations, hyperlinks and See Also Links.
Afternoon Session: Advance Functions in NVivo
- Create cases of your sources and classify them by their demographic attributes and values.
- Use a number of queries – coding, matrix and group queries to ask questions and gather coded references to answer them.
- Visualise your data using maps, charts, and diagrams to explore, develop ideas, identify patterns, find solutions, present work graphically.
- Use the remaining time to work on your own project and receive individual support from the tutor.
Please BRING YOUR OWN Laptop with NVivo installed and tested for working to our public courses. Laptops are not provided at this venue.
If you do not have NVivo installed on your laptop, you can download a 14-days FREE trial copy from this link.
Practice interview data files are provided for those who have not collected data as yet. Download it here.
Bring any interview transcripts you may have to work on.