Client Site Training
We deliver Client Site IBM SPSS Statistics Training for your University or Organisation, as part of your Graduate School Training, Staff Development Training, or Research Project Team Training. We would design a bespoke training for you if required.
We welcome an opportunity to explore how we can contribute to your Graduate School Training Programme. Please contact us to explore this.
SPSS Beginner and Data Manipulation Techniques – Course Outline
This one-day course will help the complete beginner to acquire the skill necessary to create SPSS files from paper-based questionnaire responses; import Excel datasheet into SPSS for analysis; and correctly generate descriptive statistics and graphical summaries. Participants will learn to use a number of data manipulation techniques including recode, count occurrence, select cases base on a criteria, split files, compute, and multiple response data summary statistics.
Inference Statistics with SPSS – Course Outline
This 2-day comprehensive course will help participants to develop the skill and confidence to select the correct statistics to analyse their data and to draw informed conclusions; to understand when and how to use Chi-squared(compare groups frequencies), Ttest(compare means of two groups), ANOVA -Analysis of Variance (compare means of multiple groups), Correlation and Regression.
This course combines the Beginners, Common Statistics and Correlation and Regression. See the course outline.
Correlation and Regression – Course Outline
This 1-day course will provide participants with a thorough and practical understanding of Correlation, Simple Linear, Multiple Regression and Logistic Regression. They will be guided to generate Pearson’s correlation coefficient, Spearman’s rho, and Kendall’s tau-b, and explain the results. They will gain knowledge and competence to enable you to screen your data for linear relationship before following it with regression analysis. Health, medical, and social scenarios are used to enhance understanding of the concepts of correction and regression. See the course outline.
Factor Analysis using SPSS – Course Outline
This 1-day course will give participants a clear understanding of Factor Analysis as an exploratory and confirmatory data analysis technique. Participants will learn when to use Factor Analysis and how to interpret the output in the context of their research. See the course outline.
Structural Equational Modelling – Course Outline
This 1-day introductory course will explain the principles of AMOS (Analysis of a MOment Structures) and how it is used to perform Structural Equation Modelling (SEM). The session will focus on how to use AMOS graphical software to generate path analysis, confirmatory factor analysis and full structural models. See the course outline.
Survival Analysis – Course Outline
This 1-day course focuses on the fundamental concepts of survival analysis of medical research data. A common feature of survival data is its censored data which makes standard statistical techniques inadequate to use to analyse such data. This course gives participants a practical use of Life Tables, Kaplan-Meier and Cox Regression models and shows how to interpret the statistical outputs. Participants will learn techniques for analysing survival time between groups, and examine effect of prognostic factors on survival time. See the course outline.
ANOVAs – Course Outline
This 2-day course will provide participants with the understanding of ANOVA Designs; consisting of 1-Way Independent ANOVA, Factorial ANOVA, Repeated Measures ANOVA and Mixed Designs ANOVA. They will be guided on how to generate the correct statistics for each ANOVA design from the SPSS menus and sometimes the Syntax. Participants will gain knowledge and competence to enable they to format their data to use ANOVA Designs and related statistics correctly and also to interpret and report the results. See the course outline.
Medical Statistics Basic Concepts – Course Outline
This course focuses on the fundamental concepts of statistics used in health and medical research publications. Health and medical examples are used to explain statistical concepts to enable participants to firstly understand the concepts and secondly, to learn to use them in their own research. This is a great course for those preparing students for statistical exams. See the course outline.
Training Workbook & Certificate of Completion
Each participant receives an instructional workbook, a certificate of completion, after training support via phone, email and weekly live questions and answers Webinar. Please see the side-menu.
Please contact us for further information or to discuss your specific needs.
The daily rate is £806.89 +VAT+ economy return train fare from Lancashire. Client site outside the North West of England will include the cost of an overnight accommodation. Client may wish to book a hotel room nearby for us or we will book it and claim it on the invoice.
Client Site in Europe will incur the extra expenses to airport and from airport to hotel return journey.
The ideal class size is between 12 and 17.
Morning coffee/tea break is at 11am for 10 minutes. Lunch time is at 12:30 – 1:30pm and afternoon coffee/tea at 3pm for 10 minutes.
IT Facilities Required
- Computer lab with IBM SPSS Statistics software accessible on each participant’s computer and has been tested to work.
- Meeting room can be used if Computer lab is not available.
- If meeting room is used, then each participant should bring their own laptop with SPSS installed on and tested for working.
- Power adaptors for participants use should be provided for the laptops.
- Data projector connect to teacher computer in the room is required.
- A flip chart paper or whiteboard with pens is required in the room.
- If client do not have SPSS software on their site computers, a 14-day FREE license copy could be downloaded from the and install onto as many computers as required, by client’s IT staff in time for the training date.
- Access to client site IT support person to call on, should we need help with the initial setup on network computers and also participants login to the network computers is essential.
- A temporary login to the teacher computer linked to the projector is useful.
Terms and Conditions
- Booking cannot be confirmed until Institutional Purchase Order Number is supplied, or payment assurance is given in writing or by email in situations where purchase order number cannot be provided.
- Cancellations of confirmed booking 4 working days to course due date will incur the cost of committed expenses, such as train fare and accommodation. Reschedule date will be required otherwise 50% of the training fee is additionally charged.
- Cancellation within 24 hours of course due date will be charged at the full invoice amount.