Correlation & Regression
This course will provide you with a thorough and practical understanding of Correlation, Simple Linear, Multiple Regression and Logistic Regression. You will be guided to generate Pearson’s correlation coefficient, Spearman’s rho, and Kendall’s tau-b, and explain the results. You will gain knowledge and competence to enable you to screen your data for linear relationship before following it with regression analysis. Health, medical, and social scenarios are used to enhance understanding of the concepts of correlation regression.
- Post Graduate Researcher undertaking PhD study or Masters.
- Early Career Research new to research, on their first teaching & research post or an independent researcher.
- Mid-Career Researcher building reputation and esteem to help establish influence and leadership.
- Expert Researcher or Research Leader, influencing strategy and mentoring researchers of the future.
It is a beginner course, so no knowledge of SPSS is required. Please see course details below for the course reminders.
The teaching method is mainly hands-on. It is supported by presentation, demonstration, questions and answers. We also encourage reflection and discussions to further cement understanding.
The tutor will go around to examine each participant’s project to provide suggestions, corrections and efficiency tips.
Each participant receives an instructional workbook to work through and keep.
Certificate of Completion & After Training Support
Each participant receives a certificate of completion and ongoing after training support via phone, email and a weekly live questions and answers Webinar, Friday mornings 11-12 noon GMT.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Measure relationship between two variables using correlation coefficient.
- Graph the relationship using scatter plots – simply, overlay and matrix plots.
- Understand parametric and non-parametric correlation- Pearson, Spearman, Kendall’s tau.
- Examine partial correlation and semi-partial correlation.
- Understand the concept of linear regression.
- Perform Simple Regression.
- Perform Multiple Regression.
- Perform Logistic Regression.
- Assess the goodness of fit of regression model
- Interpret regression model.
- Use case studies exercises to teach the fundamental concepts of correlation and regression models.
- Consider data appropriate for regression modelling.
- Fit a model and assess the goodness of fit of the model.
- Interpret the model.
- Please bring your laptop with IBM SPSS software installed and tested for working correctly. If you need to download a free trial version, here is a link to download.
- Practice files come pre-loaded with a working copy of SPSS software.
Register Your Interest
We only need 4 interested people to schedule this course, so please submit your interest to make it happen.