One-day and Half-day Factor Analysis Using SPSS Courses
These one-day and half-day courses are aimed at all who want to have a clear understanding of Factor Analysis as an exploratory and confirmatory data analysis technique. You will learn when to use it; how to use it; and how to interpret the output in the context of your research.
Small Class Size
To ensure that high quality and responsive learning support is given to each participant on our public courses, we only take a small class with a maximum of 9 participants. Therefore, it is important you register your interest early to secure a place.
This is a beginner’s course, so no knowledge of SPSS is required. Please see course details below for the course reminders.
The teaching method is mainly hands-on. It is supported by presentation, demonstration, discussions, questions and answers.
The tutor will screen share to examine each participant’s project to provide suggestions, corrections and efficiency tips.
Each participant receives an instructional workbook.
Certificate of Completion & After Training Support
Each participant receives a certificate of completion and ongoing after training support via phone, email and screen sharing.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the theoretical principles of Factor Analysis.
- Distinguish between Exploratory (using SPSS) and Confirmatory Factor Analysis (using AMOS graphics) and when and how to use both.
- Examine two popular methods of identifying components – Principal Component Analysis and Maximum likelihood used in Exploratory Factor Analysis.
- Select significant items in components and name them.
- Save factor scores to be used in further analysis such as: cluster, segmentation analysis, logistic regression, and discriminant analysis.
- If you do not have IBM SPSS software installed on your laptop, you can download a 14-days FREE trial copy from this link.
- Practice files come with a working copy of the software.