Inference Statistics With SPSS
This 1-day course will help you to develop the skill and confidence to select the correct statistics to analyse your data and to draw informed conclusions; to understand when and how to use Chi-squared(compare groups frequencies), Ttest(compare means of two groups), 1-Way ANOVA -Analysis of Variance (compare means of multiple groups), Correlation and Regression.
- Post Graduate Researcher undertaking PhD study or Masters.
- Early Career Research new to research, on their first teaching & research post or an independent researcher.
- Mid-Career Researcher building reputation and esteem to establish influence and leadership.
- Expert Researcher or Research Leader, influencing strategy and mentoring researchers of the future.
This course is a follow on for those who have had the introduction to SPSS beginners’ course.
The teaching method is mainly hands-on. It is supported by presentation, demonstration, encourage reflection, discussions, questions and answers. The tutor will go around to examine each participant’s project to provide suggestions, corrections and efficiency tips.
Each participant receives an instructional workbook to work through and keep.
Certificate of Completion & After Training Support
Each participant receives a certificate of completion and ongoing after training support via phone, email and a weekly live questions and answers Webinar, Friday mornings 11:15-12:00 noon GMT.
By the end of the section, you will be able to:
- Understand the assumptions of using parametric or non-parametric test.
Perform the following tests, interpret and formally report the statistical findings:
- Pearson Chi square (n x n tables) and Fisher Exact Test
- 1-Sample Ttest, 2-independent sample Ttest, and Paired sample Ttest
- Mann Whitney U test, Wilcoxon paired test
- 1-Way Analysis of Variance (ANOVA)
- Correlation and Multiple Linear Regression
- Please bring your laptop with IBM SPSS software installed and tested for working correctly. If you need to download a free trial version, here is a link to download.
- Practice files come pre-loaded with a working copy of SPSS software.