Structural Equational Modelling
This introductory course will explain the principles of Analysis of a MOment Structures (AMOS) and how it is used to perform Structural Equation Modelling (SEM). AMOS extends standard multivariate analysis methods, including regression, factor analysis, correlation, and ANVOAs.
The session will focus on how to use AMOS Graphics to generate path analysis, confirmatory factor analysis and full structural models that reflect complex relationships more accurately than with standard multivariate statistics.
The target audience for this course are: academic and health researchers, academics, and PhD students, who want to have a clear understanding of Structural Equation Modelling (SEM) using IBM SPSS AMOS graphics.
A knowledge of multiple linear regression and factor analysis are very important for this course.
The teaching method is mainly hands-on. It is supported by presentation, demonstration, and questions and answers. We also encourage reflection and discussions to further cement understanding.
The tutor will go around to examine each participant’s project to provide suggestions, corrections and efficiency tips.
Each participant receives an instructional workbook to work through and keep.
Certificate of Completion & After Training Support
Each participant receives a certificate of completion and ongoing after training support via phone, email and a weekly live questions and answers Webinar, Friday mornings 11-12 noon GMT.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand the principles of Structural Equation Modelling.
- Appreciate the types of research questions well suited to SEM.
- Gain an overview of the underlining assumptions of SEM methods.
- Use AMOS graphics to create Structural Equation Modelling diagrams.
- Path analysis, confirmatory analysis, model fit and how to improve it.
- You will learn how to interpret the output.
- Please bring your laptop with IBM SPSS software installed and tested for working correctly. If you need to download a free trial version, here is a link to download.
- Practice files come pre-loaded with a working copy of SPSS software.
Register Your Interest
We only need 4 interested people to schedule this course, so please submit your interest to make it happen.