One-day Advanced NVivo for Windows Course – Dec 16, 2020
£145.47 – £185.88 excl. VAT
Improve your data analysis skills with our 1-day Advanced Workshop. This course is designed for those who are currently using NVivo and want to explore the advance features to enable them to efficiently analyse and visualise their data in readiness for reporting. The structure of the day is flexible and tailored to the needs of the participants’ project. Common needs or skills would be demonstrated. Tailored advice and support is given to individual and group project. Participants or groups are advised to bring their project to class.
One-day Advanced NVivo Course
Improve your data analysis skills with our one-day advanced course. This course is designed for those who are currently using NVivo and want to explore the advance features. It will enable you to efficiently classify, analyse and visualise your data in readiness for writing-up. The structure of the day is flexible and is tailored to the needs of the participants.
Small Class Size
To ensure that high quality and responsive learning support is given to each participant, we only take a small class with a maximum of 9 participants. Therefore, it is important you register your interest early to secure a place.
Please bring your NVivo project to class. Please see course details below for the course reminders.
The teaching method is mainly hands-on. It is supported by presentation, demonstration, discussions, questions and answers.
The tutor will screen share to examine each participant’s project on their coding, node structure, and classification. Thereby provide suggestions, corrections and efficiency tips. This will ensure that your coding and node structure will support in-depth data analysis.
Each participant receives an instructional workbook.
Certificate of Completion & After Training Support
Each participant receives a certificate of completion and ongoing after training support via phone, email and screen sharing.
In the Morning session you will learn to:
- Examine your thematic coding framework, to identify repetition of nodes and streamline.
- Cluster related nodes, sort, merge, relocate, rename, and restructure your thematic coding, if necessary, to allow for efficient analysis.
- Test for relational coding and check the ability of your thematic coding framework to answer your research questions.
- Classify your data (subjects) by their demographic attributes and values.
- Use a variety of queries – coding, matrix, cross-tabulation, compound, comparison and group queries to ask questions and gather coded references to answer them.
- Use sets to group sources and search folders to filter data to help to ask specific research questions.
In the Afternoon session you will learn how to:
- Use charts, maps, and diagrams to explore and to conduct in-depth analyses and to generate output for presentations.
- Create Framework Matrices – a data reduction methodology developed by Liz Spencer and Jane Ritchie of NatCen to conduct case by case analysis of policy document, structured data or systematic reviews.
Use the remaining time to work on your own project and receive individual support from the tutor.
This is an advanced or moving-on course so you will be working on your own NVivo project. Sample data will be available to demonstrate skills that your own data may not be applicable.
Student/Charity, Academic Delegate, Commercial Delegate